Friday, July 26, 2013

hmmmm...

I have been rearranging, reorganizing, and doing a little bit of culling in anticipation of the school year starting up again.  Does your house always turn into a disaster zone whenever you try to declutter?  Drives me nuts. 

Amid the chaos, I received a cute little dishtowel from my mama.  She said the rick-rack and lace trim would bleed horribly when washed, so "only use this for pretty."  Nothing in my house can be used only for pretty.  The Fella would scoff at a display-only towel.  And then the kids would wipe chocolate off their faces with it.  So I thought, "I think I could cut this up and make a little curtain for the window above the sink." 

Cute, huh? 


Except I can't figure out what to do with the inch of space on either side of the panel.  I can easily add a third panel, since Mama gifted me with the remaining towels in the set, but I don't know that I want the gathered/ruffled look.  I am partial to a flat panel.  The windows are original to the house, and this particular one is West-facing, therefore we do have blinds hung (which I hate, but this is a point of contention between me and The Fella) in order to shield us from the sun that produces blinding reflections off of the stainless sink.  My solution has been to raise the blinds to the height I need them to be, and cover the hideousness with a curtain. 


 

There are two of each print, and I'm going to use these on the other windows.  I'll have to alternate the prints, as I need 5 panels to stretch across the 78" window. Those stripes gotta go.


The remaining towel would be used for this window, but I'm stuck with the same problem I have over the kitchen sink:  an inch on either side. 

 
 
Ugh.  Help.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Couled you perhaps edge the towels/curtains with a coordinating ribbon to fill in the one inch space on either side?

    ReplyDelete