Friday, May 24, 2013

Open Letter to Oxyclean

Dear Oxyclean,

I have a confession:  I've been away.  I doubted how great your oxygen power truly is.  I cheated on you, and bought other "stain removers."  Sure, they got the job done most of the time.  Sometimes I had to reapply, but they were satisfactory. 

The thing is, Oxyclean, you are pricey.  When young-uns are eating you out of house and home, and diapers take up most of the budget, it's hard to pay nearly $10 for a small bucket of you. 

Then it happened.  I had to come back.  My child's white school shirt got a red smoothie stain down the front, from the chest to the hem.  I soaked it, I sprayed it thrice.  And then I remembered.  Oxyclean, YOU were the one that eradicated baby poop from my daughter's beautiful smocked and embroidered dress.  So I took a deep breath and a dollar-off coupon, and threw you in my cart at the store. 

And I soaked the shirt for 4 hours.  And you did it.  You rid us of the smoothie stain. 

Thank you, Oxyclean.  I will never doubt you again.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment